All the single ladies or It's Got to be Perfect: the memoirs of a modern-day matchmaker
I got this
book from the author with a promise to review it (thanks, Haley!). In brief, Ellie
Rigby throws her engagement ring and leaves her porn addicted boyfriend who is
an utter twat. She knows that she has yet to find her true love, but after some
unsuccessful internet dating, Ellie decides to instead of just looking for a
boyfriend for herself, to become a professional matchmaker and save all the poor
singletons in the world (or London
to be precise).
I really loved author’s satirical observations about modern day relationships, love and dating. It’s not your typical chick-lit with I’m so strong and independent woman, but please rescue me from my miserable life heroines and alpha males ready to swipe them from their feet. The book has few laugh out loud moments and giggles throughout, I especially loved the playful banter between the matchmakers. Haley takes you behind the scenes of dating, what people expect from the people they meet for the first time and sometimes makes you cringe when you recognise yourself in these types of situations.
I really loved author’s satirical observations about modern day relationships, love and dating. It’s not your typical chick-lit with I’m so strong and independent woman, but please rescue me from my miserable life heroines and alpha males ready to swipe them from their feet. The book has few laugh out loud moments and giggles throughout, I especially loved the playful banter between the matchmakers. Haley takes you behind the scenes of dating, what people expect from the people they meet for the first time and sometimes makes you cringe when you recognise yourself in these types of situations.
I wouldn’t say it’s a romantic novel, just a nice and funny
read about modern life
My verdict: 3/5 stars
Egle
No comments:
Post a Comment