OK, so let's get on with it. It all starts when the main heroine Rachel is ditched by her room mate at the club and hot male specimen offers to buy her a drink. He ventures to the bar and she's stupid enough to not watch him (date rape alert!). Cut long story short, this guy drugs, kidnaps and ties her up, and she's lusting after him less than 24 hours after waking up (at this point I should've turned off my Nook, and found something more interesting to do, but I strongly believe you always have to finish the book you reading and don't let your initial judgements get in the way). So what's the rationale behind the evil act of kidnapping someone? From what I understand, Merrick Rocha (forgot to mention that his uber hot billionaire) captured Rachel because he has been obsessed with her after she turned down the job offer and that pissed him off. Why not proposition to her for a second time I wonder? Rich and handsome man needs to kidnap a woman to show her that he's interested? Logic doesn't apply here, don't you think? After some painfully awful sex scenes, jealous ex-girlfriends scheming to get rid of Rachel and ludicrous dialogues it all ends with a white wedding. OMFG!
Morale of all this? Don't trust ratings on Goodreads and read all bad reviews first. And as for people, who gave this shitty piece of literature more than one star, I would strongly recommend you to grow a brain.
No comments:
Post a Comment